Sunday 6 March 2011

John Galliano's final collection at Christian Dior.

PFW.








I really love the Christian Dior Autumn/Winter 2011-12. I like the layers of clothing in the looks and the mixture of texture's, I think this combination creates a really striking collection of garments. I always adore the lace used within the Dior collection, because of it's intricate and delicate detail, this collection has not failed, by including more beautifully designed lace....
When the Autumn/Winter collection had finished and Galliano would normally appear wearing one of his iconic, extravagant outfits; a group of Dior workers appreared on the catwalk dressed in white coats.
 The shows' audience gave the workers a standing ovation....
I was really surprised to hear the reasons behind the show ending in this way. John Galliano had been sacked by Dior for making racist remarks. I was horrified, when later in the week I heard that footage had been released of another incident in which he was shown telling two women in a cafe: "I love Hitler."
 I have always admired John Galliano, he has been one of my biggest inspirations and fashion Hero's.
His behaviour recently has been quite hard for me to believe and I think it is a real shame he has shown unpleasant characterisitics, that alot of people will think are disgraceful.
I have lost all respect for Galliano.






No comments:

Post a Comment