Thursday 20 January 2011

Final Collection...

I'm currently researching and starting to design my final collection for my end of year fashion show. I am using the Art Nouveau movement and also fashion trends from that period as inspiration. I started the project focusing on architecture, using photo's i took in Antwerp to develop shapes and patterns to use within my collection ..... These are some of the photo's i have been working from ..... 


This is defiantly my favourite building i saw. It had huge elaborate decoration around the window's and doors, it also had a beautiful staircase leading up to the front door, with twisted, classically Art Nouvau style banisters.


This is another one of the photo's i took. This building really reminded me of Gustav Klimt's work. I adore his work, i think his use of colour is beautiful and would like to incorporate some of the colours and patterns he uses into my final collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment